The mission of a Technical Consultant is to find solutions and answers to client business initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
*This is a remote role.*
The mission of a Technical Consultant is to find solutions and answers to client business initiatives. In many cases, the Technical consultant will need to ask important questions and engage clients in a dialogue that will help you to better understand both the objective and the best approach for developing a solution.
In this role, you will act as guide, trusted advisor and consultant to your client on projects that span a variety of topics, from lead management, campaign design, nurturing, scoring, marketing operations, reporting, and complimentary projects encompassing a variety of Martech and CRM tools. You will ultimately be responsible for making strategy happen.
As a Technical Consultant, you are expected to use any and all resources to deliver a successful, high quality project outcome. That includes developing documentation to organize recommendations and specification documents to articulate solutions, presenting information in the way best suited to your client, creating outputs that meet the needs of the project scope, engaging partners or colleagues as needed, and traveling when necessary.
The person best suited for this position is an organized problem solver who can identify many ways to solve a problem and can communicate the pros and cons of alternative solutions. The right candidate must be prepared to care deeply about their clients and the challenges they face and be an invested problem solver who is obsessed with making an impact.
The most critical deliverables include the ability to:
- Deliver the statement of work on time, on budget, and with excellent results
- Build a strong relationship with a client that inspires trust, and includes room for push-back and constructive feedback
- Innovate on deliverables and other methods of presenting information to make them better and more useful
- Think outside the box in service of problem solving
- Confidently deliver recommendations that are based on experience, not just best practices
- Be comfortable with discomfort – no two clients or projects are the same, and each comes with its unique set of nuances and challenges
Necessary experience to be successful in this role includes:
- Participate in client engagements to educate and coach clients on the best ways to achieve outcomes for various strategic objectives.
- Work with clients to help them fully leverage the integration of their marketing automation, CRM systems and other related Martech Inverta supports/partners with.
- Scope and document business requirements and work with Inverta Professional Services, including account managers, project managers, and consultants to transfer requirements into detailed project plans
- Aid the business development team in pre-sales engagements as needed
- Develop new services, update current ones and be able to deliver a range of our service offerings.
- Collaborate with team members on service creation and deliverables. Share your knowledge and keep your skills relevant and current.
- Be able to listen to clients, understand the essence of their need and prescribe/design solutions scope a project that addresses the key issues or pain points. Build frameworks to structure your deliverables.
- Be able to present your deliverables that articulate the value to the client.
- Be able to manage a variety of projects at once, stay organized and keep on time of the day-to-day and the bigger picture.
- Timeliness is of the essence and quality of work paramount when delivering a project on-time, on budget and with standout results.
Client Engagement and Project Management
Engage directly with clients (executive/senior managers) on project work. This includes communication both written and verbal with main point of contact, project managing engagement elements as well as personnel (both internal and external resources). Tracking and reporting status and metrics on a regular basis, organizing and facilitating meetings, collaboration sessions, developing and delivering presentations.
Professional Background and Experience
The goal at Inverta is be the premier and notable firm that can help B2B organizations build and implement world class marketing and pipeline building initiatives. Great interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving skills, and organizational skills are essential– along with a personal commitment and passion for the role.
Essential background characteristics are:
- 5+ years of marketing automation and marketing operations
- 1-2 years of technical consulting experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience with leading marketing automation, MarTech Tools and CRM systems.
- Confident and articulate in front of all levels of management and experience.
- Ability to take high level concepts and transform them into realistic solutions and documentation that clients can understand and implement. This could take the form of in-person workshops or web guided discussions.
- Strong knowledge of demand generation strategies, lead management, marketing operations, campaign execution best practices, data hygiene, and reporting
Personal Attributes and Values
- Self-aware, collaborative, open to and seeks feedback. Transparent.
- Entrepreneurial and driven personality, relentless go-getter.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline in pressure situations.
- Able to prioritize, multitask and manage time effectively.
- Takes ownership of deliverables.
- Has strong initiative: self-driven and passionate. Doesn’t want or need a lot of hands-on guidance.
- Focused: able to detect signal from the noise, identify solutions, and prioritize execution.
- Externally oriented, ambitious and driven to be the market category leader
- Believes in truly getting to know people, invests in high-trust, high respect relationships and provides healthy feedback proactively.
- Enjoys helping and coaching others to be successful.