Strategic Account Executive (West Coast)
The current Sales team is hitting capacity and needs a rockstar to become a part of the growth strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
(This is a remote role.)
Inverta is in a state of rapid growth, beating bookings and revenue goals quarter after quarter after
quarter. As a result, Sales needs help scaling to maintain client account retention and expansion. The
current Sales team is hitting capacity and needs a rockstar to become a part of the growth strategy.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to shape the growth of the clients and get in at the ground floor of scaling Inverta’s sales organization. Have what it takes?
Provide day-to-day account management for your assigned client relationships and help to drive
strategic growth of the account in partnership with the delivery team and Sales leadership. This
includes communicating Inverta’s services and methodologies to the client’s primary stakeholder(s) and their respective team(s). This role involves seeking to understand the business landscape of your
accounts/clients and in conjunction with your Client Partner(s) identifying opportunities where Inverta can provide added value in support of a continued partnership. This requires the ability to assess and infer whether a client’s needs or request falls within the Inverta wheelhouse and differentiating between what is strategic vs. routine.
● Forecast/quota attainment within existing book of client accounts through expansion
● Responsible for the day-to-day ownership, development and nurturing of client relationships
within your accounts from a sales perspective.
● Seeking new opportunities for increased services within your accounts, proactively driving these
internally and proposing them to the client. (i.e. Beyond the initial 30-, 60-, 90-, etc.)
● Responsible for managing up to the Sales leadership to keep them sufficiently informed on the
success and growth of the account and of any issues or opportunities that prevent growth.
Must maintain a high level of knowledge on the client’s business as it relates to Marketing
and/or Sales goals or objectives.
● Assist and/or conduct discovery sessions alongside your Client Partner/delivery team to capture
● Be an integral part of the delivery (readout) of any strategic and/or operational outputs,
attending all key meetings with client stakeholders and ensuring Sales responsibilities and/or
actions are represented.
● Be a strategic partner to your Client Partners on the health and growth of your accounts – status,
opportunity, problem-solving, resource needs, etc.
● Support sales opportunities and ensure the feasibility of the proposed solutions and delivery of
the solution align with the objectives for both the Client and Inverta.
● Plan, draft and present scopes of work (SOWs) to your Sales leadership relevant to discovery
you’ve been involved in with your Client Partner.
● Coordinate and collaborate with Marketing around Customer Marketing efforts
Build strong client relationships to maintain old business and establish a foundation for growth
● The effective & organized management of client feedback to Inverta Sales and Delivery
Supporting the Services team in managing the client’s expectations beyond kickoff.
EXPERIENCE: Basic Qualifications
● Minimum 3-5 years of experience in account management, account planning, communications
or marketing; 2-3 years of digital marketing agency or client-side experience managing complex
client relationships and delivering multi-faceted projects
● Ideally SME knowledge/experience working in a matrix team environment delivering marketing
services/programs that could include CRM, demand marketing, content marketing, crosschannel marketing programs including account-based marketing, demand/lead gen campaigns,
media campaigns/programs, social, etc.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (minimum 5 years) work experience.
● Digital marketing agency or client-side experience managing complex relationships
● Solid understanding of marketing and/or sales processes
● CRM expertise and proficient understanding of how to manage data within CRM relevant to
client account management
● Strong ability to derive insights from client discussions and turn them into strategic growth
● Ability to independently manage multiple client accounts
● Ability to draft and present SOWs on behalf of Inverta and manage scope with Client Partner