The mission of the program manager is to make strategy happen.
Roles and Responsibilities
*This is a remote role.*
In this role, you will act as the glue for our clients helping them pull together the various different functions,
resources, vendors and initiatives to achieve their goals. You will ultimately be responsible for the successful
delivery of a statement of work, and the continued success of Inverta’s relationship with the client.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing multiple projects, workstreams and resources
concurrently across various accounts to deliver successful, high quality outcomes. You will be responsible for
developing and managing detailed project plans, timelines, identifying challenges and successes, understanding
the objective of what is to be achieved and recommending better ways when applicable to get to the desired end
state. That also includes being a professional nag, ensuring that projects are completed in an expected timeframe
and working through unrealistic timelines and expectations from clients, escalating issues when appropriate.
Additional activities will include developing and managing budgets and hours consumption to support project
profitability, manage both internal and third-party resources, and work with your colleague’s help create and
present outputs as necessary.
The person best suited for this position is an individual who has a solid understanding of marketing disciplines
such as demand generation, account-based marketing, messaging and go to market strategy, and can stay abreast
of current trends and best practices within the marketing technology landscape. The program manager is
exceptionally organized and is not afraid to push all participants to take ownership of their tasks. This person is
also not afraid of challenging the status quo and identifying gaps or improvement to an existing plan. The right
candidate is expected to build and foster trusted relationships with clients and internal teams and be an invested
problem solver who is obsessed with making an impact.
The most critical deliverables include the ability to:
- Deliver the statement of work on time, on budget, and with excellent results.
- Build a strong relationship with a client that inspires trust and includes room for push-back and
- Innovate on deliverables and other methods of presenting information to make them better and more
- Confidently deliver recommendations that are based on experience, not just best practices
Be comfortable with discomfort – no two clients or projects are the same, and each comes with its unique
set of nuances and challenges.
Necessary experience to be successful in this role includes:
- Be able to listen to clients, understand the essence of their need and scope a project that addresses the
key issue. Create project plans to outline timeline and deliverables. Build frameworks to structure your
deliverables. Be able to present your deliverables that articulate the value to the client.
- Develop new services, update current ones and be able to deliver a range of our service offerings.
- Collaborate with team members on service creation and deliverables. Share your knowledge and keep
your skills relevant and current.
- Exceptional project and time management skills in an environment where you will manage multiple
accounts and projects simultaneously.
- Timeliness is of the essence and quality of work paramount when delivering a project on-time, on
budget and with standout results.
- Stay current on on-going best practices around demand generation, MarTech and Demand Generation
to help our clients achieve success.
- Bring past experiences with Marketing and Martech to improve on client processes/needs.
- Become proficient with Inverta’s specific methodologies for implementing services.
- Collaborate with Inverta’s Strategic and Technical Consultants to bring them in as additional subject
matter experts for particular projects.
- Develop relationships with primary contacts and senior management within named accounts.
- Take a proactive approach to maintain outstanding client relationships by providing prompt, courteous
service to all Clients via email, phone, and in-person.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to client issues for effective and timely resolution.
- Engage directly with clients (executive/senior managers) on project work. This includes communication
as primary point of contact, project managing engagement elements as well as personnel (both internal
and external resources).
- Tracking and reporting status and metrics on a regular basis, organizing and
facilitating meetings, collaboration sessions, developing and delivering presentations.
Professional Background and Experience
The goal at Inverta is the premier and notable firm that can help B2B organizations build and implement world class marketing and pipeline building initiatives. Great interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving skills, and organizational skills are essential– along with a personal commitment and passion for the role.
Essential background characteristics are:
- 5+ years’ experience in corporate marketing or relevant marketing agencies
- 5+ years’ Experience taking marketing projects from start to finish while meeting deadlines and
managing internal and external stakeholders.
- 1+ years of experience with Marketing Automation Systems, CRM or related MarTech tools
- 1+ years of consulting experience an asset.
Personal Attributes and Values
- Self-aware, collaborative, open to and seeks feedback. Transparent.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline in pressure situations.
- Able to prioritize, multitask and manage time effectively.• Ability to problem solve and capture detailed requirements.
- Great organizational and follow-up skills
- Excellent verbal, written and client relationship skills.
- Strong listening skills with ability to identify needs of clients.
- Takes ownership of deliverables.
- Has strong initiative: self-driven and passionate.
- Does not want or need a lot of hands-on guidance.
- Focused: able to detect signal from the noise and prioritize execution.
- Externally oriented, ambitious and driven to be the market category leader.
- Believes in truly getting to know people, invests in high-trust, high respect relationships and provides healthy feedback proactively.
- Enjoys helping and coaching others to be successful.